Project Linus is a nationwide non-profit organization with a two-fold mission.
First: It is our mission to provide love, a sense of security , warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”
Second: It is our mission to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals and groups in local communities, for the benefit of children.
All blankets that are received by Project Linus are laundered, labeled, and packaged for delivery to the following agencies, and others, for the benefit of children in their care:
- Anne Arundel County Deptartment of Social Services
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Pediatrics – Annapolis
- Arundel House of Hope
- Backpack Buddies of Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore Washington Medical Center, NICU
- Blue Ribbon Project
- Johns Hopkins, PICU
- Lighthouse Shelter
- North County Family Assistance
- Sarah’s House